The Simpsons Hit & Run Read Me
October 15, 2003
This document provides useful information regarding The Simpsons Hit & RunTM. Please review it carefully. For further support, please visit our website at http://support.vugames.com.
1. Minimum System Requirements
2. Recommended SystemRequirements
3. Multiplayer Issues
5. Technical Support
1. Minimum System Requirements
100% DirectXâ compliant 3D video card with 32 MB VRAM
Microsoftâ Windowsâ 98/ME/2000/XP operating system
Pentiumâ III 700 MHz processor or equivalent
192 MB RAM
100% DirectXâ 8.1 or higher compatible sound card and drivers
4X Speed CD-ROM drive
100% Microsoftâ-compatible mouse andkeyboard
2.2 GB of uncompressed hard disk space
2. Recommended System Requirements
The recommended specification is exactly the same as the minimum specification with the following changes:
100% DirectXâ compliant 3D video card with 64 MB VRAM
Pentiumâ III 1 GHz processor or equivalent
256 MB RAM
100% Windowsâ 98/ME/2000/XP-compatible 6 button, dual stick analog gamepad
The Bonus Game in The Simpsons Hit & Runä allows play for one to four players. If you have multiple gamepads or joysticks, they are assigned to each player in order. For example in a two player game, if a gamepad is plugged into DirectX or USB slot 3, and another gamepad is plugged into DirectX or USB slot 8 then the gamepad in slot 3 will be assigned to player 1, while the one in slot 8is for player 2.
Up to 2 players can use the keyboard in the Bonus Game. When using the keyboard, the keyboard will always be assigned to the highest player number(s) not using a gamepad. So in a two player game, if one player is using a gamepad, then that will be assigned to player 1, while the keyboard will be assigned to player 2. In a four-player game, with two gamepads, players 3 & 4 willbe assigned to opposite sides of the keyboard.
As noted in the troubleshooting section, some keyboard hardware may experience problems with registering too many key presses at once. This may create issues when more than one player uses the keyboard.
1. If your game does not start, your video card may not be supported. Please check your video card against the listof supported video cards.
The Simpsons Hit & Runä has been tested on most, but not all of the major video cards incorporating the following chipsets:
ATI® Radeon 7200
ATI® Radeon 8500
ATI® Radeon 9000
ATI® Radeon 9700
NVidia™ GeForce 2 GTS
NVidia™ GeForce 3/Ti series
NVidia™ GeForce 4 MX
NVidia™ GeForce 4 series
The following graphics card chipsets are not supported byThe Simpsons Hit & Runä, or exhibit known problems:
Intel Extreme Graphics 845/865
ATI Radeon 7500 – exhibits severe rendering artifacts with drivers dated prior to April, 2003
ATI Radeon 8500 – exhibits minor rendering artifacts with drivers dated prior to April, 2003
Matrox Parhelia – exhibits rendering artifacts on shadows with drivers that are not up-to-date
ATIRadeon & All-In-Wonder 9000 & 9200 – exhibits minor rendering artifacts
You may also experience difficulties if your graphics chipset is integrated on the motherboard.
If you are experiencing difficulties with your video card, please try upgrading to the latest drivers available for your card.
2. Do not connect or disconnect a USB device while the game is running.
3. Disc 1 of TheSimpsons Hit & Runä needs to be in your CD-ROM drive at all times while you are playing. Do not remove the disc from the drive during the game.
4. If your car becomes stuck while playing the game, you can press the reset button to reposition your car on the nearest road.
5. If you experience problems with extremely slow installation of the game, or if you get unexpected errors during...