Eukaryotes appear to be monophyletic, and so make up one of thethree domains of life. Eukaryotes represent a tiny minority of all living things; even in a human body only a tenth of the cells are human.
The prokaryotes are a group of organisms that lack a cellnucleus,or any other membrane-bound organelles. Most are unicellular, but a few prokaryotes such as myxobacteria have multicellular stages in their life cycles.
The prokaryotes are divided into twodomains: the bacteria and the archaea. Archaea were recognized as a domain of life in 1990. These organisms were originally thought to live only in inhospitable conditions such as extremesof temperature, pH, and radiation but have since been found in all types of habitats.
THE ANIMAL CELL
The Animal Cell is composed of Organelles which are small apparatus that perform specific tasks. The animal cellcontains the following organelles:
* Nucleus | stores the DNA of the cell and contains the following parts; |
* Chromatin | holds DNA and proteins |
* Nucleolus | is wherethe Ribosomal RNA is manufactured. |
* Golgi Apparatus | or Golgi Body prepares synthesised molecules for transport. |
* Lysosomes | contain enzymes and digest food and other dead organelles. |* Flagellum | small tail like extrusion used for motility. |
* Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum | synthesises proteins. |
* Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum | synthesises lipids and...