Architects design buildings and other structures. In addition to considering the way these buildings and structures look, they also make sure they arefunctional, safe, economical and suit the needs of the people who use them.
Educational Requirements for Architects:
There are three types of professional degrees in architecture offered throughcolleges and universities:
* 5-year Bachelor of Architecture programs intended for students entering programs from high school or with no previous architectural training
* 2-year Master ofArchitecture programs for students with a pre-professional undergraduate degree in architecture or a related area
* 3 or 4-year Master of Architecture programs offered to students withdegrees in other disciplines
* Other Requirements for Architects:
* In the United States those who want to provide architectural services must belicensed. To become licensed one must earn a professional degree in architecture,complete a period of practical training and pass all divisions of the ARE(Architect Registration Examination). In most states, continuing education is required tomaintain licensure. ,* Generally, the professional degree in architecture must be from a school of architecture...