Les parece si vamos empezando con el caso, hay que hacer el estudio de caso, según lo propone el libro (antecedentes, hechos, etc.), yadicionalmente, contestar las preguntas. Como ven si dividimos las preguntas así o las contestamos entre todos (faltan dos preguntas)? Digan que onda, yque día nos vemos va?
Creo que podemos ir empezando por separado y cuando nos veamos complementar la presentación con las ideas de todos no?
1. Why is the soft drink industry so profitable? Sarah
2. Compare the economics of the concentrate business to the bottlingbusiness. Why is the Profitability so different? Andrea
3. How has the competition between Coke and Pepsi affected the industry´s profits? Trini4. Can Coke and Pepsi sustain their profits in the wake of flattening demand and the growing popularity of non-carbonated drinks? Claudia
5.If this is such a profitable industry, why have so few firms entered this business over the last century? What are the barriers of entry? Why haven´t othergreat marketing companies such as P&G (Exhibit 8), been successful in launching competitive products? Michael
6. How much power do the buyers have?Who are the buyers for the concentrate manufacturer? Roberto
7. How can companies make so much money in the middle of a war? Who have won the colawars? Who have lost? Why? What have been the weapons of war?
8. If you could be a bottle for Coke or Pepsi, would you choose NYC or Oklahoma City?