1. Write a summary on one of the planets in our solar system. (2 pages skipping lines.)
2. Discuss 4 ways that planets are different than stars.
3. Explain the Big-BangTheory in a paragraph (10 sentences minimum.)
4. Decribe the two motions of the Earth and explain what each measures.
(a)rotation around its axis and
(b) revolution around the Sun
5.Discuss what causes the different seasons we experience on Earth. (minimum 10 sentences)
6. Why is Pluto not a planet?
7. How does the Sun create energy?
1. What is static electricity? Describe a situation involving static electricity to explain your answer.
2. You are normally uncharged or neutral. You drag your feet on a rug and shock afriend by touching his ear. They does your friend feel a shock?
3. What is the difference between static electricity and current electricity? Include examples of each in your answer.
4. Explain in detail how you could demonstrate the law of electrical charges?
8. Explain Ohm’s Law.
9. Explain the differences between a series circuit and a parallel circuit. (Include adiagram of each in your explanation.)
10. Discuss lightning (10 sentences minimum). Use a diagram in your explanation. (Also,include in your answer: How a lightning rod attached to a buildingworks. The safer places to be when you find yourself outside during a lightning storm.)
1. Explain the Bohr Model of the atom (10 sentences.)
2. Draw the Bohr-Rutherforddiagram for 6 elements on the periodic table.
Oxygen: 8 protons, 8 neutrons
Aluminum: 13 protons, 14 neutrons
Sodium: 11 protons, 12 neutrons
Nitrogen: 7 protons, 7 neutrons
Sulfur: 16 protons,16 neutrons
Chlorine: 17 protons, 18 neutrons
3. What two things does a chemical formula tell us about a compound?
4. What does the term “combining capacity” mean?