Shakespeare extracts – Try -Activities © BBC | British Council 2006 Task 2 Now match the quotations to a situation.
1. All the world’s a stage and all the men and women merely players 2. To be or not to be, that is thequestion
A He wants me to lend him some money, but it’s a lot and I’m not happy about it B I don’t know why I even get out of bed in the morning – life is horrible sometimes C I like him because he onlytalks when he has something to say
3. All that glisters is not gold
4. Neither a borrower nor a lender be
D She’s so beautiful and he’s ugly and really rude – what does she see in him? E Ibought this car because it looked great, but there’s lots of problems with the motor. I wish I’d been more careful F He never takes anything seriously – it’s all a game to him
5. Men of few words arethe best men
6. Love is blind, and lovers cannot see
Shakespeare extracts – Try - Activities © BBC | British Council 2006 Task 3 These quotations are from four ofWilliam Shakespeare’s plays. Can you match the quotations to these summaries of the plays?
A The Merchant of Venice This play is about the idea that people usually get what they deserve in the...