Write the participle forms of the following verbs.
1. shut →
2. spend →
3. give →
4. teach →
5. sell →
Complete the table in present perfect simple.
Positive | Negative | Question |
We have chatted | | |
| The lesson has not started | |
| | Have we won? |
She has turned around | | |
| They have not married | |
Write sentences inpresent perfect simple.
we / reach / our goal -
our team / lose / the match -
she / underline / the word -
they / not / discover / the treasure -
Ron / not / talk / about the problem -
Write questions in present perfect simple.
you / knock / at the door -
the teacher / mark / the tests -
she / buy / a new computer -
they / rescue / the girl -
Brad / wear / a blue shirt -
Using thewords in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses. Be careful, use present perfect and present perfect continiuous.
1. Judy: How long (be)_______ in Canada?
Claude: I (study)________ here for more than three years.
2. I (have)_________ the same car for more than ten years. I'm thinking about buying a new one.
3. I (love)_________ chocolate since I was a child. Youmight even call me a "chocoholic."
4. Matt and Sarah (have)_________ some difficulties in their relationship lately, so they (go)_________ to a marriage counselor. I hope they work everything out.
5. John (work)__________ for the government since he graduated from Harvard University. Until recently, he (enjoy) __________his work, but now he is talking about retiring.
6. Lately, I(think)__________ about changing my career because I (become)___________ dissatisfied with the conditions at my company.
7. I (see)__________ Judy for more than five years and during that time I (see) __________many changes in her personality.
Robin: I think the waiter (forget) __________us. We (wait)__________ here for over half an hour and nobody (take) __________ our order yet.
Michele: I thinkyou're right. He (walk) __________ by us at least twenty times. He probably thinks we (order, already) __________.
Robin: Look at that couple over there, they (be, only) __________here for five or ten minutes and they already have their food.
Michele: He must realize we (order, not) __________yet! We (sit) __________ here for over half an hour staring at him.
Robin: I don't know if he(notice, even) __________ us. He (run) __________ from table to table taking orders and serving food.
Michele: That's true, and he (look, not) __________ in our direction once.
Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses. Be careful, use present perfect, simple past or past perfect.
1. When I (arrive) __________ home last night, I discovered thatJane (prepare) __________ a beautiful candlelight dinner.
2. Since I began acting, I (perform) __________ in two plays, a television commercial and a TV drama. However, I (speak, never even) __________ publicly before I came to Hollywood in 1985.
3. By the time I got to the office, the meeting (begin, already) __________ without me. My boss (be) __________ furious with me and I (be)__________ fired.
4. When I (turn) __________ the radio on yesterday, I (hear) __________ a song that was popular when I was in high school. I (hear, not) __________ the song in years, and it (bring) __________ back some great memories.
5. Last week, I (run) __________ into an ex-girlfriend of mine. We (see, not) __________ each other in years, and both of us (change) __________ a greatdeal. I (enjoy) __________ talking to her so much that I (ask) __________ her out on a date. We are getting together tonight for dinner.
6. When Jack (enter) __________ the room, I (recognize, not) __________ him because he (lose) __________ so much weight and (grow) __________ a beard. He looked totally different!
7. The Maya established a very advanced civilization in the jungles of the...