1. I answered the question.
2. She opened the window.
3. They called us.
4. You carried a box.
5. It rained a lot.
6. We washed the car.
7. He closedthe window.
8. Jenny locked the door.
9. The girls visited the museum.
10. John and Sophie helped in the garden
Put the verbs into the correct form (present perfect simple).
1. I (not /work) today.
2. We (buy) a new lamp.
3. We (not / plan) our holiday yet.
4. Where (be / you) ?
5. He (write) five letters.
6. She (not / see) him for a long time.
7. (be / you) atschool?
8. School (not / start) yet.
9. (speak / he) to his boss?
10. No, he (have / not) the time yet.
COMPETE WITH SIMPLE PAST OR PRESENT PERFECT
11. Mother: I want to prepare dinner. (you/ wash) the dishes yet?
12. Daughter: I (wash) the dishes yesterday, but I (have / not) the time yet to do it today.
13. Mother: (you / do / already) your homework?
14. Daughter: No, I(come / just) home from school.
15. Mother: You (come) home from school two hours ago!
16. Daughter: Well, but my friend Lucy (call) when I (arrive) and I (finish / just) the phone call.
17.Mother: (you / see / not) Lucy at school in the morning?
18. Daughter: Yes, but we (have / not) time to talk then.
Simple Past Present Perfect Simple
I / open
he / writethey / do
you / swim
she / give
When do we use which tense?
1. 'Already' is a signal word for ...
2. 'Just' is a signal word for ...
3. '2 years ago' is a signal wordfor ...
4. 'Yet' is a signal word for ...
5. 'Yesterday' is a signal word for ...
Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or present perfect simple).
1. Mary(win) the lottery last year.
2. We (prepare / already) dinner.
3. James (find) your ring in the garden yesterday.
4. He (come / just) home.
5. They (buy) their car two years ago.