Your major project this term will be centered on your familia. You will be combining your writing skills and your oral skills in this project, as well as incorporating the grammar,vocabulary and verbs that we have learned so far. You know so much already, and I encourage you to really stretch yourselves on this project! The project will consist of two parts:
I. The FamilyBook
Today you will begin writing the paragraphs for your family book. These will be creatively assembled in a book format using photos, drawings, magazine cut-outs or other visuals to representeach person in your family. As you will see in the model, each person will receive his/her own page in the book. You need at least five people (and one of the five must be you!), but you may includemore for extra credit.
• Tuesday, December 7th – paragraph #1 written in class and paragraph #2 written for homework
• Wednesday, December 8th – paragraph #3written in class and paragraph #4 written for homework
• Thursday, December 9th – paragraph #5 written in class
• Wednesday, December 15th – final day to submit rough draftparagraphs (including extra credit)
• Tuesday, December 21st – final family book due
The second part of your presentation will practice your oral skills. Using theinformation you have written in your paragraphs you will do a presentation about your family. You may use note cards, but the more you can speak spontaneously (and the less you read), the higher your scorewill be. You should plan on speaking at least thirty seconds about each person.
Accompanying your oral presentation you will have a Powerpoint presentation. The Powerpoint will serve to enhance youroral presentation by creating visuals for your audience. Each family member you describe verbally will have his or her own slide in which you have a title (Mi mamá, for example) and pictures of...