• Date: 29 of october, 1938. • Place: Monrovia, Liberia. • Religion: Methodist. • President of Liberia. • Won the Nobel Peace Prize2011.
• • • • • • She study economics accounts from 1948 to 1955 at the College of West Africa. She married James Sirleaf. Go to United States andcontinue her studies on the University of Colorado. Return to Liberia to work under the government of William Tolbert. She was minnister of Finnance,1972 to 1973. Theexile in Kenia.
• She was in prision. • She supported the bloody rebellion against Samuel Doe during his government. • In the civil war, was candidate toelections. • The 11 of november of 2005 won with the 97% of the votes.
• 1985 general election.She was candidate in the elections but wons SamuelDoe with the 50,9% of the votes.She is member of the Council of Women World Leaders
1997 presidential campaign. She participate again in the elections but shelost again and go to the exile in Abidjan.
2005 presidential campaign.She won the elections of 2005, and in the 25 of november was declare the president ofLiberia.
2011 presidential campaign.In this elections she was the favourite because she won the Nobel Peace Award. And at final she won.
The nobel peaceaward.
• She won the award wtih Leymah Gbowee , Tawakkul Karman. • She won the award for her fight for the peace in Liberia and west Africa during and afterthe civil war of Liberia and for their non-violent struggle for the safety of women and for women's rights to full participation in peace-building work.