Using the parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses.
Principio del formulario
1. Every Monday, Sally (drive) DRIVES[pic] her kids tofootball practice. [pic]
2. Usually, I (work) WORK [pic]as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study) [pic]
[pic] AM STUDYING[pic]French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am inParis.
3. Shhhhh! Be quiet! John IS SLEEPING (sleep) [pic]. [pic]
4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It IS RAINING (rain) [pic]. [pic]
5. I hate living in Seattle because it ALWAYSRAINS(rain, always) [pic]. [pic]
6. I'm sorry I can't hear what you ARE SAYING(say) [pic][pic] because everybody ARE IS TALKING (talk) [pic] [pic]
7. Justin IS WRITING CURRENTLY[pic](write, currently) [pic] a book about his adventures in Tibet.
I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.
8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh,I'm sorry, I can't. I (go)AM GOING [pic][pic]to a movie tonight with some friends.
9. The business cards ARE NORMALLY (be, normally ) [pic] [pic]printed by a company in New York. Their
pricesARE(be) [pic][pic] inexpensive, yet the quality of their work is quite good.
10. This delicious chocolate IS (be) [pic][pic]made by a small chocolatier in Zurich, Switzerland.
And this?:A Trekking Journal November 12, 2007
Today (be) IS the second day of my trek around Mount Annapurna. I am exhausted
and my legs (shake) ARE SHAKING; I just hope I am able to complete thetrek. My feet (kill, really) ARE REALLY KILL me and my toes ARE BLEEDING(bleed) but I WANT STILL(want, still) to continue.
Nepal is a fascinating country, but I have a great deal to learn.Everything ARE (be) so
different, and I AM TRYING(try) to adapt to the new way of life here. I AM LEARNING (learn) a little
bit of the language to make communication easier; unfortunately, I AM NOT...