* With the great variety of sports offered at high schools, it is important to have an effective athletic director providing leadership.
* This profile willlook at the athletic director position at the high school. No matter which level, athletic directors oversee all aspects of an athletic program, including hiring coaches, scheduling, budget preparation,promotion, and facility management.
* If you are an organized person who thrives in a position of leadership--and enjoys sports, a career as athletic director could prove a good fit.
*Athletic directors may also reach out to alumni and seek donations for the department.
* Athletic directors enjoy being in a leadership position.
* Effective communication skills required.Athletic Director Job Requirements
a. Experience and educational requirements.
b. A bachelor's degree
c. 4-5 years of experience in coaching, teaching and administration or both.
d.Athletic directors in high schools have to have teaching and coaching experience.
Athletic Director Skills
* Athletic directors must have excellent communication skills and organizationalabilities.
* They should also be able to create budgets, manage several projects at once and solve unique problems independently.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Athletic DirectorDuties and Responsibilities
1. Athletic directors provide guidance and direction for a school’s sports program that is in coordination with the school’s mission statement.
2. They prepare abudget and allocate spending on items like coach’s salaries, team travel, equipment purchases, and facility upkeep.
3. Athletic directors work with teachers and coaches to determine scheduling ofclasses, games and practices.
4. The athletic director often provides guidance for coaches.
5. Athletic directors work with coaches to plan trips. They also coordinate officials and...