______________8th_____ List. No. ________
I. SPAIN’S EMPIRE AND EUROPEANABSOLUTISM (pp. 155-161)
WRITE THE NUMBERS INSIDE THE MAP ACCORDINGLY.
1. Spanish domains2. French Bourbon domains
3. Austrian Hapsburg lands4. Prussian lands
5. Boundary of HolyRoman Empire
1. Charles V was member of the Hapsburg_ family.2. Ferdinand, Charles V brother, inherited Austria and Holy Roman Empire.
3. Phillip II, Charles V son, inherited Spain, the colonies in the Americas.
4. Phillip II defended Catholicismagainst _Protestants and Ottoman Muslims.
5. Phillip II built the Palace of Escorial because of the need to show grandeur.
6. Golden Age in Spain during 16th and 17th centuries was strong becauseit had
Territory, gold and silver from America, strong military and naval.
7. Two very famous and relevant figures in painting during this period were Greco and Velazquez.8. What did publishing El Quijote’s mark? (Miguel de Cervantes) Birth of Modern European Novel.
9. Inflation and taxes weakened the Spanish Empire. Explain one of the reasons ofinflation.
Spending more than you have. Buying from enemies. Growth of population.
10. The provinces of Netherlands were different from other states in Europe.
a) Inreligion: tolerance.
b) In government: republic of provinces.
c) In economy: artisans, merchants (middle class). # Bankers.
d) In Art:...