Present Perfect Simple and Continuous
Name: ______________________________________________ Class: _______________________________
Imagine you arein a restaurant waiting and no one has taken your order yet. Fill in the blanks using present perfect simple or continuous using the verbs given in brackets.
Martin: I think the waiter (forget)________forgot_________ us. We (wait) ______been waited___________ here for over half an hour and nobody (take) ________took_________ our order yet.
Karen: I think you're right. He (walk)______walked_____________ by us at least twenty times. He probably thinks we (order, already) __already ordered _____________________.
Martin: Look at that couple over there, they (be, only) _____onlybeen ___________ here for five or ten minutes and they already have their food.
Karen: He must realize we (order, not) ____did not ordered ____________ yet! We (sit) _____been sat__________________here for over half an hour staring at him.
Martin: I don't know if he (notice, even) _____even noticed _____________ us. He (run) _____ran ______________from table to table taking orders andserving food.
Karen: That's true, and he (look, not) ___did not looked _______________ in our direction even once.
Martin: Oh wait, I know why he (completely, ignore) ___completely ignored _________us. We are wearing our invisibility cloaks!
Circle the correct tense in the following sentences:
1. I have looked/been looking for my glasses all morning but I haven't found them yet.2. How long have you played/been playing the guitar?
3. We have learned/been learning English for five years.
4. I have tried/been trying to study all morning but I just can't concentrate.5. It has just stopping/stopped raining.
6. The kids have danced/been dancing in the rain all morning.
7. George has/have been our neighbor for years.
8. Have you ever been/being to Peru?