LANGUAGE ARTS DIAGNOSTIC TEST
GRADE: Fifth Bilingual PARALLEL: “A”
Student’s name: ______________________________________Date:___________________________
1. GRAMMAR: Write the correct abbreviation for each month or day.
a. Monday ________ e. February _________
b. January ________ f. September_________
c. Wednesday________ g. Sunday _________
d. August ________
2. GRAMMAR: Write the sentences correctly.
- ms lee made an apple pie for us.____________________________________________________
- mrs williams is our favorite teacher. ___________________________________________________
- mr and mrs stephens have a party every year.____________________________________________
3. Complete the sentences.
a. An abbreviation is a _______________________ to write a word.
b. Most abbreviations end with a _______________.c. Names and Titles begin with _______________.
4. GRAMMAR: Complete each sentence. Change the noun in ( ) to show ownership, and write in on the line.
- We went for a walk in_________________________ neighborhood. (Alex)
- She was looking for ______________________ sunglasses. (Mrs. Spencer)
- Are they in ____________________ toy box? (Sebastian)
5.Write the base word of the underlined word.
a. Dad fries eggs in a pan. _________________
b. We carried schoolbags to school. _________________
c. Miguel has been to threeparties this week. _________________
d. We ate candied apples at the fair. _________________
e. Adrian tried to run a mile each day. __________________
6. Read the passage.Then answer the questions and complete the chart.
|Type of Writing |Author’s purpose |Clue |...