SOME USEFUL LANGUAGE
HOW TO :
ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS
• What shall we do tonight? • Where shall wego tonight?
• How about going to the cinema?
• Why don’t we have a meal in that new restaurant?
• We could stay in and watch a video.
• Let’s invite some friends round fordinner.
RESPOND TO SUGGESTIONS
• Yeah, that’s a great idea.
• Yes, that sounds good/great.
• Well, I think I’d prefer to/ I´d rather go to a disco.
• Yes, OK
• All right, I agree.
• Which do you think is best?
• Yes, that’s possible.
• It’s difficult to decide but …….
• I think this is more useful because …
• It would be better to go to the cinema because ….ASK FOR OPINIONS
• What do you think about that?
• Do you agree?
• How do you feel about that?
GIVE YOUR OPINION
• I think/I don’t think that’s a good idea because…
• Personally, I thinkthat’s a terrible idea because …
• In my opinion it would be better to stay in a hotel because ….
AGREE AND DISAGREE
• That’s what I think too
• I agree.
• I’m not sure.
• Yes, you’reright.
• Well, that’s true but ….
• I’m sorry but I don’t agree with you.
• I’d rather go to a campsite
• I’d like to stay in a youth hostel
• I’d prefer to go to a hotelASK FOR ADVICE
• Do you think we should ………?
• What would you advise me to do?
• What should I do?
• I´d like your advice (on/about) + noun/-ing…
• What would you do in my place?GIVE ADVICE
• The way I see it, you should ………
• I don´t think we/you should ………..
• If I were you, I´d ……….
TALK ABOUT PLANS
• I´m thinking of …+ing
• I´m planning to …….....