3. if the average velocity of an object is zero in some time interval, what can you say about the displacement of the object for the interval?
5. if an object’s average velocity is nonzero over some time interval, does this mean that is instantaneous velocity is never zero during the interval? Explain your answer.
7. if the velocity of a particle is nonzero, can its acceleration be zero? explain.
9. two cars are the moving in the same direction in parallel lanes along highway. At some instant, the velocity of car A exceeds the velocity of car B. does this mean that the acceleration of A is greater than that of B? explain
11. consider the following combinations of signs and values for velocity and acceleration of a particlewith respect to a one dimensional x axis
13. a stone is thrown vertically upward from the roof of a building. Does the position of the stone depend on the location chosen for the origin of the coordinate system? Does the stone’s velocity depend on the choice of origin? Explain your answers
15.a student at the top a building of height h throws one ball upward with a speed of a v i and then throws a second ball downward with the same initial speed vi. how do the final velocities of the balls compare when they reach the ground?
17. you drop a ball from a window on an upper floor of a building. It strikes the ground with speed v. you now repeat the drop, but you have a friend down on the street who throws another ball upward at the speed v. your friend throws the ball upward at exactly the same time that you drop yours from the window. At some location, the balls pass each other. Is this location at the halfway point between window and ground, above this point, or below this point? [continua]
Cite este ensayo
(2010, 02). Fisik. BuenasTareas.com. Recuperado 02, 2010, de http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Fisik/120528.html
"Fisik" BuenasTareas.com. 02 2010. 2010. 02 2010 <http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Fisik/120528.html>.
- MLA 7
"Fisik." BuenasTareas.com. BuenasTareas.com, 02 2010. Web. 02 2010. <http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Fisik/120528.html>.
"Fisik." BuenasTareas.com. 02, 2010. consultado el 02, 2010. http://www.buenastareas.com/ensayos/Fisik/120528.html.