* ½ cup cider vinegar
* ¾ cups maple syrup
* 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 pound (approximately) Canadian bacon
1.Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Combine vinegar, maple syrup, and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Slice Canadian bacon about ½-inch thick. Arrange the slices in a casserole or bakingdish, and spoon the syrup mixture over the slices.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature. (To serve as a snack, cut slices into bite-sized pieces and serve with toothpicks.)Sweet Corn Pancakes
* 6 eggs, separated (Note: to separate eggs, crack the egg and allow just the white to fall into a bowl, holding the yolk in one of the shell halves. Transferthe yolk back and forth between the two shell halves, being careful not to break it, until all the white has dripped into the bowl. Put the yolk into a separate bowl.)
* ¼ cup half-and-half
*1 Tablespoon sour cream
* ⅓ cup flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* ½ cup corn (may be fresh or frozen corn kernels)
* Vegetable oil to oil the panProcedure
1. Beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks when the beaters are lifted up.
2. In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, half-and-half, and sour cream.
3. Gradually addthe dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture. Add the beaten egg whites, using a gentle stirring motion to combine them with the yolk mixture.
4. Add the corn, and stir gently. Pour a small amount...