This document explains everything you need to know to get started with your Cloud Storage account by Box.net.
Table of Contents:
Page | Topic |
1 | How do I login to my Box.net account? |
1 | How do I create a new folder? |
1 | What are my options for uploading files? |
2 | How do I download files from Box.net to my computer? |
2 | Howdo I share my files or folders with my co-workers? |
4 | How do I “un-share” a folder or file that I shared previously? |
5 | Can I setup Box.net to automatically “sync” with a folder in My Documents? |
5 | How do I map Box.net to a drive letter on my computer? |
6 | What are my best options for migrating data between computers (ie BYO PC/Mac)? |
6 | Can I move or copy files/folderswithin my Box.net account? |
6 | Can I keep multiple version of a file without clogging up my storage view? |
6 | How do I change my Box.net email notification settings? |
7 | How do I embed a Box.net folder into a wiki, PeopleConnect, or SharePoint? |
8 | Can my external partners get access to the folder(s) I am sharing? |
8 | What are my options for getting technical support with Box.net?|
* How do I login to my Box.net account?
a. Go to http://pg.box.net from your internet browser
b. Using your mobile phone, go to http://m.box.net
c. Using your iPhone, download the Box.net application from the App Store
* How do I create a new folder?
Click on the “New Folder” button
i. You will be presented with options to keep the folderprivate, or share access with other pilot users. See below for more details on folder sharing.
* What are my options for uploading files?
d. Traditional Upload: Click the “Upload” button and then select “Add Files” – this will let you select an individual or multiple files to upload
ii. This option will let you select individual or multiple files to upload, but you must waituntil the file(s) are finished uploading before you do anything else with your account.
e. Drag and Drop Upload: Click the “Upload” button, select “Drag and Drop”, and then you will be prompted to install the java applet (say YES).
iii. This option is recommended when you want to upload folders or large amounts of files.
iv. Key Benefit: you can continue navigatingaround Box.net while your files continue to upload.
v. Beware: files or folders over 1GB in size are not recommended to upload at the same time. Box.net will allow you up to 2GB file size, but the speed is slow once it is larger than 1GB.
f. Box Desktop Sync: See below for more details. This Box.net software is still in “beta” testing.
* How do I download files fromBox.net to my computer?
g. Click on the file icon or select the blue arrow box and select “Download”
h. Using Box Desktop Sync you can open files directly on your computer and any changes you make are automatically synced with your Box.net account.
* How do I share my files or folders with my co-workers?
i. Share a Folder:
vi. Edit access: Click the bluearrow box on the folder, select “Invite Collaborators”. This will allow you to give co-workers access to the files in that folder and let them change or upload new files.
1. All P&G users participating in the pilot should appear in your Contacts list. You can start typing their name in box and it will appear automatically – see image below.
2. If the collaboratorsare not currently registered for the Cloud Storage pilot, then you can add them by email address. This will give them a standard (free) Box.net account with access to that folder, but not linked to the pilot (there is a chance they will be invited to the pilot).
3. If the collaborators are not P&G employees, then you can add them by email address. This will give them a...