While some would call global warming a theory, others would call it a proven set of facts. Opinions differ vehemently. Let us consider global warming to be both a premise that theenvironment of the world as we know it is slowly, but very surely increasing in overall air and water temperature, and a promise that if whatever is causing this trend is not interrupted or challengedlife on earth will dynamically be affected.
Nowadays, the biggest cause of global warming is the carbon dioxide released when fossil fuels like oil and coal are burned for energy. So, when you saveenergy, you prevent global warming (and save money, too).
Global warming effects.
- Warmer waters and more hurricanes: As the temperature of oceans rises, so there will be a higher probability offrequent and stronger hurricanes. We saw this in 2004 and 2005.
- Temperature rises and changing landscapes in the arctic circle, so there will be several endangered animal species. Only the mostadaptable will survive.
- Global warming could snowball with the ice caps gone. Ice caps are white and reflect the sun. A lot of their reflection reflects back into space, which cools the Earth. Ifthe ice caps melt, the only reflector is the ocean.
- Economic consequences: Hurricanes cause billions of dollars in damage and diseases cost money to treat and control.
Global warming solutions.Individual choices can have an impact on global climate change. Some easy steps you can follow to save energy:
- Turn off your computers, copiers and printers when you are not using them. Monitorsuse lots of energy, so turning them off makes a huge difference even if you do not turn off the rest of the computer. You can use your computer’s “sleep mode”, which cuts energy use by 60-70%.
-Close the windows in your house. If you do not, and you are using the air conditioner, you are wasting huge amounts of energy. So, remember to seal up windows and clean or change dirty air conditioner...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.