Select the correct negative form for each of the following:
1. Bob _________eat at our table.
2. They _______run to the teacher.
3. She_________ walk to work.
4. I __________knowhim very well.
5. It ________rain often.
6. The dog __________run far.
7. The practice ___________begin at four o'clock.
8. It________ start at midnight.
9. The_____________ busesrun on Sundays.
10. We ____________watch television.
Type Do or Does (QUESTION)
1. _____you like chocolate?
2. ____he go to the beach very often?
3. ______we have any pens?
4. ______sheknow you?
5. ______it close at 6.30 pm?
6. ______they smoke?
7. ______I look funny in these jeans?
8. _____Bill and Anne like each other?
9. _____she speak German?
10.____ you want to go to themovies?
Read and answer the questions.
Despite all this activity Churchill’s daily routine changed little during these years. He awoke about 7:30 a.m. and remained in bed for asubstantial breakfast and reading of mail and all the national newspapers. For the next couple of hours, still in bed, he worked, dictating to his secretaries.
At 11:00 a.m., he arose, bathed, andperhaps took a walk around the garden, and took a weak whisky and soda to his study.
At 1:00 p.m. he joined guests and family for a three-course lunch. Clementine drank claret, Winston champagne,preferable Pol Roger served at a specific temperature, port brandy and cigars. When lunch ended, about 3:30 p.m. he returned to his study to work, or supervised work on his estate, or played cards orbackgammon with Clementine.
At 5:00 p.m., after another weak whisky and soda, he went to be for an hour and a half. He said this siesta, a habit gained in Cuba, allowed him to work 1 1/2 days in every 24hours. At 6:30 p.m. he awoke, bathed again, and dressed for dinner at 8:00 p.m.
Dinner was the focal-point and highlight of Churchill’s day. Table talk, dominated by Churchill, was as important as...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.