1) What is the supreme law of the land?
2) What does the constitution do?
Sets up the government
Defines the government
Protects basic rights of Americans
3) The idea ofself-government is in the first three words of the constitution. What are these words
We the people
4) What is an amendment
A change to the constitution
An addition to the constitution
5) What do wecall the first ten amendments to the constitution?
The bill of rights
6) What is one right or freedom from the first Amendment?
Petition the government
7) Howmany amendments does the constitution have?
Twenty seven (27)
8) What did the declaration of independence do?
Announced our independence (from great Britain)
Declared our independence ( from greatBritain)
Said that the United States is free (from Great Britain)
9) What are two rights in the declaration of independence
Pursuit of happiness
10) What is freedom of religion?
youcan practice any religion, or not practice a religion
11) What is the economic system in the United States?
12) What is the “rule of law”
Everyone must followthe law
Leaders must obey the law
Government must obey the law
No one is above the law
13) Name one branch or part of the government?
Congress- legislative- president- executive- the courts-judicial
14) What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
Checks and balance- Separation of powers
15) Who is in charge of the executive branch?
16) Who makes federallaws?
Congress- Senate and house of representatives- (U.S. or national) legislature
17) What are two parts of the U.S congress?
The senate and house of representative
18) How many U.S senatorsare there?
One hundred 100
19) We elect a U.S senator for how many years?
20) Who is one of your state’s U.S senators now?
Kirsten E. Gillibrand and Charles E. Schumer
21) The house of...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.