I. The Introduction
a. First sentence we should introduce the main idea of your essay. A good opening paragraph capture the interest of your reader and tellswhy your topic is important
b. The main idea of the essay is stated in a single sentence called the theses statement. You must limit your entire essay to the topic you have introduced in yourthesis statement.
c. Provide some background information about you topic. You can use interesting facts, quotations, or definitions of important terms that you will use later in the essay.
II.The Body : Supporting Paragraphs
a. The supporting paragraphs make up the main body of your essay.
b. They developed the main idea of your essay.
c. List the points that developed themain idea of your essay.
d. Place each supporting point in it own paragraph.
e. Developed each supporting point with facts, details, and examples.
III. The Conclusion : Final Paragrapha. It should summarize or restate the main idea of the essay. You want to leave the reader with a sense that your essay is complete.
b. You restate the strongest point of your essay thatsupport your main idea.
c. Con clued your essay by restating the main idea using different words.
IV. Things To Keep In Mind: Grammar Structure
a. Verb tenses:
1. Always write aboutliterature in the present tense.
2. Always write about history in the past tense.
3. Do not change tenses in your writing.
1. Use transitios to give your writing asmooth flow
2. Use transitions to connect one idea to the next
3. Avoid using transitions like the words first second third etc.
4. Use transitions between and within paragraphs
1. Very your sentence structure, and use introductory phrases and clauses to generate interest in the reader.
2. The sentence structure should very for simple to compound...