In this activity you will recognize and use vocabulary related to bad habits to express annoyance, agreement and disagreement. You will also identify and useconditional type 0 structure to write and talk about bad habits.
1. Use a line to match the pictures with the habits.
* Nose picking
2. Match the words with theirmeanings.
a) gets to you ( ) difficult to stop
b) go for it ( ) irritates me
c) puts me off( ) causes you to suffer, annoys you
d) gets on my nerves ( ) increases efforts to achieve something
e) hard to break( ) annoys, disgusts me
3. Read the sentences. Cross out ( X ) the ones that refer to bad habits.
a) Betty drives at 140 kilometers/h on the highway all the time.b) It is typical of Eva and Mark to talk when the teacher is explaining something.
c) My little brother likes to read entertaining books on holidays.
d) Carl spends half an hour in theshower, he really wastes water.
e) Mary recycles plastics and glass every day.
4. Complete the sentences with the adjectives in the box. Describe your feelings in the following situations.Imagine that these situations annoy you.
Angry / disappointed / afraid / disgusted / ashamed
a) If John drives at 150 kilometers/h on the highway, I am ________________ he willhave an accident.
b) If people smoke when I eat, I get __________________ and can’t eat anymore.
c) If my brother gets drunk in a party, I feel _______________ and turn red.
d) If my sisterwastes a lot of water washing the car, I get ________________.
e) If the teacher doesn’t know something about the class, I feel _________________.
5. Read the following messages posted to...