Review # 1.
I. Simple Present : Verb tense that is used to talk about habits, routines and facts.
Present Progressive: Verb tense that is used to talk about actions that are occurring at the moment.
Complete the sentences in Simple Present or Present Progressive
1. Most of the times, I ____________________________ (watch) movies on TV.
2. At this moment, we____________________________ (take) an exam.
3. The teacher _____________________________ (drive) her car to work everyday.
4. It _______________________________ (rain) a lot these days.
5. All the students___________________________ (sit) at the desks right now.
6. Some students ___________________________ (not/ know) the answers of the test.
7. I _______________________(not/like) politics.
8. How manylanguages _______________________ (you/speak)? [pic]
9. Where _______________________ (you/live)? [pic]
10. What _______________________ (you/do) at the moment? [pic]
11. I _______________________ (not/believe) that you are a millionaire. [pic]
12. He_______________________ (not/wear) a tie today. [pic]
Choose either the present simple or continuous in the following sentences.
1.Something _________________________________ (smell) very good.
2. Today we _________________________________ (eat) dinner at 8 o’clock.
3. He _________________________________ (practice) the piano every day.
4. They _________________________________(drive) to school tomorrow.
5. I _________________________________ (believe) you.
6. Maria_________________________________ (have) a cold.
7. George _________________________________ (swim) right now.
8. John _________________________________ (hate) smoking.
9. Jill always _________________________________ ( get) up at 6:00am.
10. Jerry _________________________________ (type) a letter right now.
II. Imperative sentences: Positive and negative sentences that are used to express orders andsuggestions.
A. Find and correct five mistakes in the use of imperatives.
B. Make complete sentences by filling the gaps with phrases from the box. Use each phrase once.
Turn left - Come in - Don’t wait - Don’t forget - Stop the car! - Help me! Have - Don’t listen - Pass - Don’t be late! - Open- Come - Catch -Take
1. _______________________for me. I’m not coming tonight.
2. _______________________an umbrella with you. It’s raining.
3. _______________________ a rest. You look tired.
4. _______________________ at the end of the road.
5. _______________________ I can’t swim!
6. _______________________ to take your passport.
7. _______________________ There’s a cat in theroad.
8. _______________________ to my party, please.
9. _______________________ your books at page 84.
10. _______________________ the salt, please.
11. _______________________ to that record. It’s terrible.
12. _______________________ The bus leaves at 9 o’clock.
13. _______________________ and have a glass of lemonade.
14. _______________________ the first trainin the morning.
► III. Adverbs tell us in what way someone does something. Adverbs can modify verbs, adjectives or other adverbs.
► Comparison with adverbs:
Complete the chart with the adverb form of the adjectives given.
|Adjective |ADVERB |AS………………..AS |……………………….THAN |THE ………………|
|Good | | | | |
|Far | | | | |
|Fantastic | |...