IFC does not finance the following projects:
▪ Production or trade in any product or activity deemed illegalunder host country laws or regulations or international conventions and agreements, or subject to international bans, such as pharmaceuticals, pesticides/herbicides, ozone depleting substances, PCB's,wildlife or products regulated under CITES.
▪ Production or trade in weapons and munitions.1
▪ Production or trade in alcoholic beverages (excluding beer and wine).1
▪ Production or tradein tobacco.1
▪ Gambling, casinos and equivalent enterprises.1
▪ Production or trade in radioactive materials. This does not apply to the purchase of medical equipment, quality control(measurement) equipment and any equipment where IFC considers the radioactive source to be trivial and/or adequately shielded.
▪ Production or trade in unbonded asbestos fibers. This does not apply topurchase and use of bonded asbestos cement sheeting where the asbestos content is less than 20%.
▪ Drift net fishing in the marine environment using nets in excess of 2.5 km. in length.
Areasonableness test will be applied when the activities of the project company would have a significant development impact but circumstances of the country require adjustment to the Exclusion List.
Allfinancial intermediaries (FIs), except those engaged in activities specified below*, must apply the following exclusions, in addition to IFC's Exclusion List:
▪ Production or activities involvingharmful or exploitative forms of forced labor2/harmful child labor.3
▪ Commercial logging operations for use in primary tropical moist forest.
▪ Production or trade in wood or other forestryproducts other than from sustainably managed forests.
* When investing in microfinance activities, FIs will apply the following items in addition to the IFC Exclusion List:
▪ Production or...