Lesson 1 SINGULAR AND PLURAL
Let is write a sentence now:
Now make sentence with the following words:
A car: This is a car
A truck: This is a truck
A train: This is a train
A SHIP: This is a ship
An airplane: This is an airplane
A cup: This is a cup
A glass: This is a glass
A spoon: This is a spoon
A fork: This is a fork
A knife: This is a knife
Now observe this example:1. This is a ring: is this a ring?
2. This is a necklace: is this a necklace?
3. This is a cow: is this a cow?
4. This is a dog: is this a dog?
5. This is a pig: is this a pig?
6. This is a plant? Is this a plant?
Now let is write the plural form of these nouns by adding “s” or “es”
A bracelet: Bracelets
A dog: dogs
A pig: pigs
A cow: cows
A bird: birds
A peach: peaches
A glass: glasses
A bowl: bowls
Now change the sentence into questions:
1. I am Sammy: am I Sammy?
2. You are a person: are you person?
3. It is a thing: is it a thing?
4. A cow and horse are animals: are a cow and a horse animals?
Answer the questions affirmatively as in the example:
1. Are you a person? Yes I am a person.
2. Are they things:yes they are things
3. Are an earring and a ring thing? Yes they are things.
Now make questions as in the example and then answer affirmatively:
1. This is a house. Is this a house? Yes it is, it is a house.
2. This is an apartment. Is this an apartment? Yes it is, it is an apartment.
3. This is a building. Is this a building? Yes it is, it is a building.
4. This is an office.Is this an office? Yes it is, it is an office.
5. That is a church. Is that a church? Yes it is, it is a church.
6. That is a school. Is that a school? Yes it is, it is a school.
Now give a negative answer as in the example.
1. Is this a house?(apartment)
No it is not, it is an apartment.
2. Is this a hotel? ( house)
No it is not, it is a hotel.
3. Is that a discotheque? (cafeteria)
No it is not, it is a cafeteria.
Look at the example carefully.
1. What is this? It is a house
2. What is that? It is a school.
3. What is that? It is a discotheque.
PARTS OF A ROOM
Now make a questions from the sentences and the give affirmative answers.
1. This is the door. Is this the door? Yes this is, this is the door.
2. This is the ceiling. Is this theceiling? Yes this is, this is the ceiling.
3. This is the wall. Is this the wall? Yes it is. it is the wall.
Answer the questions.
Example. What is this ? (curtain) . it is a the curtain.
1. What is this? ( window) it is the window.
2. What is this? ( floor) it is the floor.
3. What it is? It is the room.
Now give negative answers.
Example: is this the room? (Ceiling) . Noit is not, it is the ceiling.
1. Is this the floor? ( window). No it is not. It is the window.
2. Is this the closet? (curtain) . no it is not, it is the curtain.
3. Is this the light? ( wall) . No it is not, it is the wall.
Answer according to the example.
Example: is this the ceiling or the curtain? ( curtain) it is the curtain.
1. Is this the closet or the light? (Light) it isthe light.
2. Is this the window or the floor? ( window) it is the window.
3. Is this the ceiling or the curtain? ( ceiling) it is the ceiling.
1. Is this a classroom? Yes it is, it is a classroom.
2. Is this a chalkboard? Yes it is, it is a chalkboard.
3. Is this a schoolbag? Yes it is, it is a schoolbag.
4. Is this a chair? Yes it is, it is a chair.
1. Is this a pen? No it is not, it is a pencil.
2. Is this a piece of chalk? No it is not, it is an eraser.
3. Is this a chair? No it is not, it is a ruler.
4. Is this a clock? No it is not, it is a picture.
Answer the questions.
1. What is this? It is a chalkboard.
2. What is this? It is a table.
Example. Are these markers? Yes, they are, they are the...