This simple, also called the indicative tense is the simple English. Is often used to talk about facts that constitute habits or customs.
• It is formed with the base form of theinfinitive verb. This consists of two infinitive particle to and the base form of the verb, so, for example, to eat is an infinitive which means to eat.
• Know in the following table the present indicative:•
Conjugación | Inglés | Español |
1ª per. singular | I work | yo trabajo |
2ª per. singular | you work | tú trabajas |
3ª per. singular | he works
It works | él trabaja
(para objetos) |
1ª per. plural | we work | nosotros/as trabajmos |
2ª per. plural | you work | vosotros/as trabajais |
3ª per. plural | they work | ellos/as trabajan |
• The onlydifficulty you write, as usual, in the 3rd person singular, in fact, this 3rd person is special when conjugating verbs. As a general rule s is added, although we will see that there are some exceptions.
•Uses Simple Present
• This tense is used to express facts or general truths.
• The Sun warms the atmosphere. -> The sun heats the armósfera.
• We also use the present simple to talk about habitsin this case, prayer frequency expressions often appear as Usually or always.
• We play tennis usually. -> We play tennis occasionally.
You always study. -> You always you study.
• Also useit to express horarior or programs (such as a theatrical program).
• The train leaves in an hour. -> The train arrives in an hour.
• Spelling Rules for the 3rd person singular.
• As a generalrule, the verb form of the 3rd person singular s is added, however, there are a few rules for a series of verbal forms that are special:
• 1. - When the verb ends in s already, or a similar sound as sh,ch x:
• watch -> watches (look) dash -> dashes (throwing)
• 2. - When the verb ends in o, is also added:
• go -> goes (go) do -> does (do)
• 3. - When the verb ends in y, since it...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.