KAC-9152D KAC-9102D KAC-8152D KAC-8102D
© B64-3010-00/00 (MV)
To prevent injury or fire, take the following precautions:
• When extending the ignition, battery, or ground wires, make sure to use automotive-grade wires or other wires with a 8 mm² (AWG 8) or more to prevent wire deterioration and damage to thewire coating. • To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside the unit. • If the unit starts to emit smoke or strange smells, turn off the power immediately and consult your Kenwood dealer. • Do not touch the unit during use because the surface of the unit becomes hot and may cause burns if touched.
Cleaning the unit
If the front panelgets dirty, turn off the power and wipe the panel with a dry silicon cloth or soft cloth.
Do not wipe the panel with a hard cloth or a cloth dampened by volatile solvents such as paint thinner and alcohol. They can scratch the surface of the panel and/or cause the indicator letters to peel off.
To prevent battery rise
When the unit is used in the ACC ON position without turningthe engine ON, it depletes the battery. Use it after starting the engine.
To prevent damage to the machine, take the following precautions:
• Be sure the unit is connected to a 12V DC power supply with a negative ground connection. • Do not open the top or bottom covers of the unit. • Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoidplaces with too much dust or the possibility of water splashing. • When replacing a fuse, only use a new one with the prescribed rating. Using a fuse with the wrong rating may cause your unit to malfunction. • To prevent a short circuit when replacing a fuse, first disconnect the wiring harness.
The protection function is activated in the following situations: This unit isequipped with a protection function for protecting this unit and your speakers from various accidents or problems that can occur. When the protection function is triggered, the Power indicator goes OFF and the amplifier stops operating. • When a speaker wire may be short-circuited. • When a speaker output contacts ground. • When the unit malfunctions and a DC signal is sent to the speaker output.• When the internal temperature is high and unit won’t operate. • When a ground wire of the center unit (cassette receiver, CD receiver, etc.) or this unit is not connected to a metal part serving as an electrical ground passing electricity to the battery's negative - terminal.
• If you experience problems during installation, consult your Kenwood dealer. • If the unit does notseem to be working right, consult your Kenwood dealer.
• Take the battery wire for this unit directly from the battery. If it’s connected to the vehicle’s wiring harness, it can cause blown fuses etc. • If a buzzing noise is heard from the speakers when the engine is running, connect a line noise filter (optional) to each of the battery wire. • Do not allow the wire to directly contact theedge of the iron plate by using Grommets. • Connect the ground wire to a metal part of the car chassis that acts as an electrical ground passing electricity to the battery‘s negative - terminal. Do not turn the power on if the ground wire is not connected. • Be sure to install a protective fuse in the power cord near the battery. The protective fuse should be the same capacity as the unit’s fusecapacity or somewhat larger. • For the power cord and ground, use a vehicle type (fireproof ) power wring cord with a current capacity greater than the unit’s fuse capacity. (Use a power wiring cord with a diameter of 8 mm² (AWG 8) or greater.) • When more than one power amplifier are going to be used, use a power supply wiring wire and protective fuse of greater current-handling capacity than the...