THE FALLEN OF IMPERIALISM AFTER 1949
By the time the World War ll had ended, the empires began to decrease their power due to the fact that they had spend many resources from the colonialcountries (which is the control or governing influence of a nation over a dependent country, territory, or people) and men in the battles, but also because the United Nations Organization was making an effortto stop imperialism and to convince colonies to separate from their rulers. This is how a series of humanist efforts abolished many colonies, to turn them into independent governments.
The firstmovement of the UN toke place in Africa, because it had the biggest number of colonies and the continent that had suffered more oppression than others. All started when in 1945 the United Nations begunto promote the independence of Africa, because for the following reasons non self governance states should create their own governments (according to the UN Charter):http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/profile/world00.pdf
1. to ensure, with due respect for the culture of the peoples concerned, their political, economic, social, and educational advancement, their just treatment, andtheir protection against abuses;
2. to develop self-government, to take due account of the political aspirations of the peoples, and to assist them in the progressive development of their freepolitical institutions, according to the particular circumstances of each territory and its peoples and their varying stages of advancement;
3. to further international peace and security;
4. topromote constructive measures of development, to encourage research, and to co-operate with one another and, when and where appropriate, with specialized international bodies with a view to thepractical achievement of the social, economic, and scientific purposes set forth in this Article; and
5. To transmit regularly to the Secretary-General for information purposes, subject to such...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.