The constants in this study were:
-The type of radish plant.
-The size of the pot.
-The amount of soil.
-The amountof water
-The amount of light.
The manipulated variable was the amount of magnetism.
The responding variable was the radish plant growth.
Tomeasure the responding variable I measured the height of the plants in centimeters after three weeks.
ITEM DESCRIPTION |
3 | CowMagnets |
1 | SUNLIGHT |
6 | Pots |
72 | Radish Seeds |
1 | Water Dropper |
12 | (Cups)Potting soil |
| Water |
1. Gather materials.
2. Put the correct 2 cups of soil in the pot.
3. Then place one of the cow magnets in the middle of a pot with the north endfacing up.
4. Then you must plant 2 seeds in each hole so there are 6 holes. Plant the seeds about 2 centimeters away from the magnets and centimeters deep.5. Do this with all of the pots except for 3 of them.
6. Place the pots on the trays.
7. Put the shop light and the grow lux bulbs together.
8. Hang theshop light from the ceiling or from two chairs.
9. Place the trays with the pots on them under the shop light.
10. Turn on the light.
11. Give each pot 1/2a cup of water to get the soil moist.
12. Give each plant fifty drops of water each day for four weeks.
13. Set the timer to turn the light off at 7:30 P.Mand turn the light on at 7:30 A.M.
14. Examine the plants at least once every other day after the first week.
15. Then collect the data that you need.