First Partial Study Guide
Complete the questions with the correct NEGATIVE AUXILIARY below. Each auxiliary many only be used once. (Remember that you use themaccording to the verb tense in the sentence)
ISN’T AREN’T WASN’T WEREN’T DON’T DOESN’T
DIDN’T WON’T HASN’T HAVEN’T
1. ____________ he going to the beach tomorrow? (future with going to)2. ____________ she ever eaten at a fancy restaurant? (present perfect 3rd person)
3. ____________ you usually study at the library? ( simple present 2nd person)
4. ____________ wetravel to Italy five years ago? (simple past tense 2nd person plural)
5. ____________ they going to the school prom? (future with going to)
6. ____________Tommy come to the movies with ustonight? (future tense)
7. ____________ Melissa visit her best friend on vacations? (simple present tense)
8. ____________ you flown over the Pacific Ocean before? (present perfect)
9.____________ her uncle the candidate of an important party last year? (simple past tense)
10. ____________ you at the Francisco Saybe Theater last night? (simple past tense)
EXCUSES FOR NOTEATING SOMETHING
Imagine you are in the situations below. Use an appropriate phrase that you learnt this partial to politely decline what the person is offering. (In this section you explain whyyou decline with words from the vocabulary).
11. Somebody offers you milk, but you can’t drink it because milk gives you diarrhea.
You say: ____________________________________________12. Somebody offers you ice cream. You can’t eat it because you are worried about your weight and it has too many calories.
You say: ____________________________________________13. Somebody offers you meat. You don´t eat meat.
You say: ____________________________________________
Write sentences about your sister or brother using USED TO....