1) Born in Portland, Maine in 1947. Steven attended the grammar school in Durham and then Lisbon Falls High School, graduating in 1966. From his sophomore year at the University of Maine at Orono, he wrote a weekly column for the school newspaper, THE MAINE CAMPUS.
Received a B.S. in English from the University of Maine at Orono in 1970, and qualified to teach on thehigh school level. He married Tabitha Spruce January of 1971. He met Tabitha in Fogler Library at the University of Maine, where they both were students.
He made his first short story sale to a mass market men's magazine shortly after graduation. In '74, Doubleday published his novel Carrie.
That same fall, the Kings moved to Boulder, Colorado. They lived there for a little less than a year,during which he wrote The Shining. Returning to Maine in the summer of 1975, the Kings bought a house in the Lakes Region of western Maine. At that house, he finished writing The Stand, much of which also is set in Boulder.
The author wrote and directed the movie Maximum Overdrive in 1985. Many of his works have been adapted for the screen including Carrie, The Dead Zone, The Shining, Christine,'Salem's Lot, Firestarter, Cujo, Pet Sematary, and Misery, as well as several others. The movie, Stand By Me, was adapted from his work, "The Body."
2) Gordie: He is the narrator of the story and the main character in the story. He is an adult now and he is writing a story of his childhood. In the gang he is the more intelligent guy, and is the one who likes telling a lot of stories. For him,friends are so important that he is disposed to don’t take the school courses that he should take because has a most shining future than the others.
His parents aren’t very interested on Gordie; they loved his dead brother so much that they didn’t care about Gordie,
Chris: Chris is the best friend of Gordie, in the school he is so stupid as Teddy and Vern, but in the gang he is amazingly mature. Hethinks about what is better for his future and even he get worry about Gordie. He thinks that the gang dragged both down in deep water. He comes from a bad family. He is brother of Eyeball Chambers, one of the guys in an enemy gang and of Dave, who is in prison. His father is an alcoholic person that is always drunk.
Teddy: He is a strange guy and the stupidest of the gang. He uses glassesbecause his natural eyesight and his ears are burned by his mad father. In spite of this he is like a crazy boy, he enjoys to take the craziest chances. His father is in a hospital.
Vern: He is also a stupid boy. He is the one who discover that a dead body is in the forest. His brother is Billy, from the other gang.
3) In first place they hear the notice that a young boy called Ray Brower wasdisappeared, and in second place Vern Tessio heard that the body was found in the forest by the other gang and he told the rest this.
They decided to lie their parents that they are going to camp in a friend’s house, but they are going to look for the dead body.
4) The gang has to continue with the hot sun and the cold nights. They have to survive to the train, they have to fight with leeches, have toconfront Milo, to walk under the rain, and finally they found the body before the other gang, that arrived easily by car.
5) In the stormy afternoon they finally find the dead body. Gordie especially feels like he is sick. For them Ray Brower was a big Not. He wasn’t going to do all the things a common boy do. He died so young! They feel sad about him.
6) After a few moments the other gangarrives with the car and a fight for which was going to report the death to the police. Ace Merrill, Eyeball Chambers, Billy Tessio and other rude guys are in the opposite side of the main characters.
7) The winner gang is not going to take the body to the police because it could be dangerous for some of them. For example, Chris came from a very bad family and he could be accused of being the Ray...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.