1. Which countries were represented on the 2010 World Cup?
2.Mention at least three variables that are important to the development of this project.
3. What types of variables will be used? (qualitative/quantitative, nominal/ordinal, continuous/discrete)?
4.Build a frequency table with the age of the players of all teams that contended in the round prior to quarter finals (octavos de final).
5. Find the mean, median, mode, range,variance and standard deviation for all numerical variables that you chose for each team. Give your interpretation of at least three of the results you got.
6. Which are the mean, median and mode forthe selected variables for all teams? Give at least three conclusions.
7. Build a histogram or pie chart for each one of the frequency tables you got. Draw at least one conclusion for each of yourgraphs.
8. Analyze your results and give a conclusion as to what variables determine a team’s result. Your conclusion should be supported with data.
9. Compare the median age for the winningteam for the 2010 World Cup to that of the winning team from the 2006 World Cup. Is there a difference? Justify your answer.
10. Do you think it is ethical to have very young players? Why or whynot? Justify your answer.
11. Did you find any other factors that might have had an effect on the results of the winning team? Support your answer.
12. The World Cup gives the host country, and...