III Bimestrial Outline (January 4 – March 2)
INSTRUCTOR: pancha torres STUDENT’S NAME: _________________PARENT’S SIGNATURE: _________________
Constructions: Students will use a compass and a straightedge to do basic constructions.
Chapter 7 Similarity:Students will learn how to prove triangles similar and solve those using proportions. They will be able to relate similarity in right triangles.
Chapter 8 Right Triangles and Trigonometry:Students will learn how to use the Pythagorean Theorem to find relationships in special right triangles. They will use similar right triangles to define the sine, cosine, and tangent ratios. They will usethese ratios to solve problems using angles of elevation and depression. They will solve problems that involve vectors.
Chapter 12: Chords, Secants, and Tangents: Students study circles from analgebraic point of view by writing equations of circles in the coordinate plane. They will make conjectures about circles, chords, tangents, and secants.
By the end of the III Bimester,students will be able to:
• Use a compass and a straight edge to do basic constructions.
• Write ratios and solve proportions.
• Identify and apply similar polygons.
• Use andapply AA, SAS, and SSS similarity statements.
• Find and use relationships in similar right triangles.
• Use the Side – Splitter Theorem
• Use the Triangle – Angle – Bisector Theorem.• Use the Pythagorean Theorem and its Converse.
• Use the properties of 45 – 45 – 90 triangles and 30 – 60 – 90 triangles.
• Determine side lengths in triangles using the tangent, sine, andcosine ratios.
• Use angles of elevation and depression to solve problems.
• Describe vectors and solve problems that involve vector addition.
• Write the equation of a circle....