• 1 Loaf of crusty Italian bread
• 2 Cup Italian plum tomatoes, drained well and chopped
• 1/2 Cup tomato sauce
• 1/2 tsp Sweet basil
• 1/4 lb Swiss cheese, cubed
• 1/4 lb Italian sausage or salami, cubed
• 1/4 lb Mozzarella cheese, cubed
• 1/2 Clove garlic, crushed
• 1/2 tsp Oregano
• 1/4 Romano cheese, coarsely grated
• Olive oil as required
• Salt and pepperto taste
How to make Italian Pizza:
Cut off the top of the bread and hollow out.
Brush inside and outside with a little warm oil.
Keep it in a hot oven for about 5 to 10 minutes till the inside is dry.
Combine tomato sauce with chopped tomatoes, cubed Mozzarella, basil, Swiss cheese and the cubed sausage or salami, mix well.
Stuff the toasted loaf with themixture.
Sprinkle with pepper, salt, garlic, oregano and grated cheese.
Place the pizza on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes till the loaf is golden brown and the filling is piping hot.
Cut the pizza into thick slices and serve.
Italian Pizza History
The word "pizza" is a contemporary mispronunciation of the word "pita", a type of bread and dishthat exists since time immemorial in the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisines. By 997 the term had appeared in Medieval Latin, and in 16th century Naples a Galette flatbread was referred to as a pizza. The pizza was a baker's tool: a dough used to verify the temperature of the oven. A dish of the poor people, it was sold in the street and was not considered a kitchen recipe for a long time.Before the 17th century, the pizza was covered with white sauce. This was later replaced by oil, cheese, tomatoes or fish. In 1843, Alexandre Dumas, père described the diversity of pizza toppings. In June 1889, to honor the Queen consort of Italy, Margherita of Savoy, the Neapolitan chef Raffaele Esposito created the "Pizza Margherita," a pizza garnished with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, andbasil, to represent the colors of the Italian flag. He was the first to add cheese. The sequence through which flavored flatbreads of the ancient and medieval Mediterranean became the dish popularized in the 20th century is not fully understood.
HOW TO MAKE A PIZZA
Ingredients: Tomatos, Cheese, Topping, Spices, Flour, Yeast, Pan
#1First get some yeast and a pan.
#2Then putflour, yeast, salt and mix it all together..
#3You can mix it in 30min. or an hour.
#4After that you will put spices on pizza.
#5 Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on sace.
#6 Put topping of your choice on the pizza.
#7 Bake in oven 30 minutes to an hour.
#8 Open oven and take out the pizza. Caution! Pan is hot!
#9 Cut the pizza into slices.
Italian pizza historyThe precise history of the pizza and its origin will never be known, but here is what we know about the Italian pizza history:
• The history of pizza goes back to the time of Virgil, who died in the first Century BC, but not before writing down a pizza recipe for posterity.
• Around 1000 AD the word “picea” started to appear in historical records in Italy , it was a circle of doughand the topped with a variety of fillings then baked. The word pizza came into common usage at about the same time.
• It was some time later before pizza became to be made from leavened dough, as we know it today. At the same time the pita type bread schiacciata was made.
• Towards the end of the eighteenth Century historical records show an early record of the “Calzone” it was rolledwith the stuffing completely encased inside it, and it was then shaped like a crescent, and baked.
• The pizza as we know it today began to originate in Naples; they were flavored with oil and garlic, cinciielli (a small fish), or anchovies, and mozzarella cheese.
• Up to 1830 the pizzas were sold from Neapolitan market stalls. The first pizza restaurant was called Port' Alba. It...