1) Choose one TV show or movie that uses sex and violence as a way to attract viewers. Discuss and analyze the show/movie and its use of sex and violence. In addition, answer thefollowing questions.
- Do you, as a group, think the amount of sex and violence is excessive? Explain.
- Should this show/movie be censored? Why or why not?
- Who should be able to watch thisshow/movie? If not everyone, how could that be monitored or controlled?
Sicario is the harrowing movie. It has an excessive amount of sex and violence. It´s not good story for kids. It has violentacts. This movie contains 70% of violence and 30% of sex.
A study of 1792 adolescents ages 12-17 showed that watching sex on TV influences teens to have sex. Youths who watched more sexual contentwhere more likely to initiate intercourse and progress to more advanced noncoital sexual activities in the year following the beginning of the study. Youths in the 90th percentile of TV sex viewing hada predicted probability of intercourse initiation that was approximately double that of youths in the 10th percentile. Basically, kids with higher exposure to sex on TV were almost twice as likelythan kids with lower exposure to initiate sexual intercourse. - Study Conducted by RAND and published in the September 2004 issue of Pediatrics.
46% of high school students in the United States havehad sexual intercourse. Although sex is common, most sexually active teens wish they had waited longer to have sex, which suggest that sex is occurring before youths are prepared for itsconsequences. 1 case of an STD is diagnosed for every 4 sexually active teens.
2) With your group, conduct an interview with someone (family member, friend, stranger…) discussing the subject of sex andviolence on TV and in movies. Using what you have learned from Unit 10, think of questions to ask your interviewee concerning their opinion of various aspects of the topic. Present the main points of the...