1. Why do you think the Queen didn't want a Republican government to be elected?
Because if the Republicans won the elections, the English Monarchy would disappear.
2. What did JackBarker tell the Royal Family about their new homes?
That they will live in a council house.
3. What did Jack Barker do with the Queen's crown and what do you think this signified?
That the Monarchy hadfallen and the Royal Family had disappeared.
1. Describe Beverley and Tony Threadgold.
The man wears T-shirt and jeans, and the woman is blonde and fat, wearing clothes too small forher.
2. List five things the Queen observed in Hell Close.
Someone was burning car tyres, any house had all the windows unbroken, fences were broken too, there was lots of rubbish in the gardens andsome of the letters that formed the name of the place had disappeared.
3. What was the first problem for the Queen, Charles and Diana and how was it solved?
The problem was that the carpets theybrought from their home were too much bigger than the apartments. They solved it letting Spiggy, a friend of the Thredgolds, cut them and rearrange them so they could fit in the rooms.
1. Whywouldn't the Queen let Trish into the house?
Because she wasn’t properly dressed yet.
2. Why couldn't the Queen warm the room?
Because she didn’t have 50 pence.
3. Describe how the Queen injuredherself and how she got out of her house.
She injured herself trying to open a tin of meat. The Queen had to leave the house by the window, because the door was still locked.
1. Why didall the women visit Diana and what did this show about the people in Hell Close?
They visited her to help her with the cleaning. That shows the kindness and the support for all of the people thatleaves in Hell Close
2. What things about family life in Hell Close were new for Diana?
The fact that they let the children go out at night.
3. What did Beverley teach the Royal Family?
How to make...