Network, FTP, News feeds
Capability and Controls
UnleashX is an Xbox Application/Game launcher, with a few other features thrown in. I’ve designed UnleashX with safety in mind. I intentionally left out anyfeature that could potentially render your xbox useless, except for the HD formatting. This dash has been tested on V1.0, V1.1 and V1.4 xboxes with X2 4976.02/4977/4979/4981, Evox D6/M7 BIOS.
UnleashX has the basic feature of a dashboard. It can automatically search your HD, or DVD if run from it (though you should not let it search the DVD for speed reason). Here is a small list ofthe current feature of UnleashX:
1) Auto search for games/application with thumbnail for display. Searches and indexes your hard drive for Xbox titles. Uses icon embedded within the xbe file or custom icon (Icon.png, Icon.jpg).
2) File manager (Copy/Move/Delete/QuickDVDCopy/XBE Title editor, Support for copy and resume so you don’t start from the beginning if an error occurs.)
3)Game/DVD movie/CD/Data detection with the option to autolaunch them using your favorite media player. Pressing any of the trigger buttons will suppress auto launching of disk.
4) Image viewer (bmp, jpg, xbx and xpr –built in to the File manager)
5) Zip/Unzip files right from your xbox. Supports extracting from Xbox Xip files (except xm files). Now you can check the contents of the xip filesthat came with the xbox without leaving it.
6) Auto/Manual clock settings. You can set it to manual so UnleashX ask you for date and time when it becomes invalid (i.e., it has been unplug for too long). If set otherwise, UnleashX will set it Nov 15, 2003.
7) Password protection for every item. With UnleashX, you can set a password for each menu, submenu, individual item, as well as a systempassword with maximum number of tries (only for system password. When the maximum is reached, the Xbox will automatically shutdown). The format menu has a default password of Xbox with a capital X
8) Color scheme. You can change the colors of all items, from the menu color, to the screen dialog, down to the default background and fog color.
9) Fully configurable (XML config file). Toachieve flexibility, XML is used almost everywhere. It’s a pretty flexible format but it’s not an all and be all solution.
10) Widescreen support (HDTV and support for 480p was not tested)
11) FTP Server with PASV and multi-client (10 max) support. You can set the Username, password, port, maximum number of users, anonymous access). While UnleashX supports multiple clients simultaneously, allusers must use the same user account (default is Xbox).
12) Simple screen saver and Auto-Turn off timer.
13) Sound effects (uses internal xbox files-it will still run without them) and uses the soundtrack for background music. The combination for changing the music is White+DpadLeft=Next song, White+DpadRight=Previous song, White+DpadDown=Next soundtrack, White+DpadUp=Previous Soundtrack.And/or Music can also be controlled using the IR. Play, Pause, Stop, Forward(next song), Reverse(prev. song), Skip+(next Soundtrack), Skip-(prev. soundtrack)
14) In-box configuration, so you don’t need to do everything from your PC
15) USB Keyboard and IR support (Pressing the Display on the IR for more than 1.5 seconds will turn the xbox off –though it’s probably faster to just selectthe power-off menu item)
16) Virtual Keyboard support for all settings.
17) Support for Memory Unit thru File manager and FTP server. You can browse and copy/transfer files between your Xbox hard disk and memory unit.
18) Partition Formatting.
19) Screen Capture. And with the built in image viewer, you can now view it too (though what’s the point?). Key combo –LeftThumbstick press...