manufacturing to shelf
1. Name the three sectors of the supply chain.
The three main sectors on the supply chain are:
1. Primary (or extractive) sector; supply of rawmaterial
2. Secondary (or manufacturing) sector; transform products
3. Tertiary sector; provision of services
On what occasions could certain sections of the primary sector operate as retailers?As we know the primary sector concerns about providing raw material but in certain sections it can also sold products immediately for consumption, such as coal to power station. En el mail ke pusola miss dijo ke esta parte esta mal redactada puso: Por favor revisa la segunda parte de la primera pregunta, no esta bien redactada
2. Give three examples of how Kellogg’s demonstrates good supplychain management. How can Kellogg’s make improvements both for its business and for the environment?
Kellogg’s believe in acting responsibly in all section of supply chain, amongst other activities,it aims to do this by reducing energy and emissions in manufacturing, distribution and improving packing, for example:
• Lean production is an inventory system enabling the streamlining of processesand elimination of waste. Kellogg’s regularly evaluates its production methods to ensure that they give the required outcomes and that waste is reduced. This aids competiveness and profitability bylowering overheads and unit costs.
• To improve its distribution, Kellogg’s collaborates with TDG, a logistics specialist. This reduces transport costs considerably and is energy-efficient.Kellogg’s has reduced both its carbon footprint and costs as a result.
• Kellogg’s for concentrating on its specialist area of manufacturing cereals and other food products, shares its transportation withanother manufacturer, Kimberley Clark. This has reduced distribution costs, helping keep Kellogg’s products competitive. The system helps reduce the number of part-full or empty vehicles on the...