1) Kittens and cats make fun pets. a) kittens, cats, pets
b) kittens, make, pets
c) make, cats, pets
2) Terry has a beautiful garden. a) beautiful, garden
b) Terry, beautiful
c) Terry, garden
3) Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. a) Jack, hill, fetch, pail, water
b) Jack, Jill, hill, pail, water
c) Jack, Jill, hill, fetch, pail, water
4) Mr. & Mrs.Ingalls built a little house on the prairie. a) built, house, prairie
b) Ingalls, little, house, prairie
c) Mr. & Mrs. Ingalls, house, prairie
5) I read some very interesting articles in that magazine. a) I, interesting, articles, magazine
b) articles, magazine
6) Shawn plays football every Saturday. a) football, Saturday
b) Shawn, plays, football, Saturday
c) Shawn,football, Saturday
7) My cat isn't allowed to sit on the table. a) cat, table
b) My cat, sit, table
c) cat, allowed, sit, table
8) Where is your book? a) your, book
c) Where, your, book
9) The children like ice cream.
a) children, like, ice cream
b) children, ice cream
c) children, cream
10) Ms. Mallory is the teacher of English-Zone.Com. a) Ms. Mallory, teacher,English-Zone.Com
b) Mallory, teacher
c) Ms. Mallory, English-Zone.Com
1. My grandmother really loved Juan. She left all her money to Federico and _______ .
2. A student in that all-women's college should have no fears about ________ future.
3. He was so worried about ________ he should ask to the big dance, that he ended up not asking anyone.
whom4. Neither Tashonda nor _____ am responsible for this mess.
5. This is a matter for you and _______ to decide.
6. Everybody in this class has completed ________ homework already.
his or her
7. No one on this bus seems to know ______ way around this part of New York City.
his or her
1. Either the physicians in this hospital or the chiefadministrator ____ going to have to make a decision.
2. ______ my boss or my sisters in the union going to win this grievance?
3. Some of the votes __________ to have been miscounted.
4. The tornadoes that tear through this county every spring _____ more than just a nuisance.
5. Everyone selected to serve on this jury _____ to bewilling to give up a lot of time.
6. Kara Wolters, together with her teammates, _________ a formidable opponent on the basketball court.
7. He seems to forget that there __________ things to be done before he can graduate.
8. There _______ to be some people left in that town after yesterday's flood.
9. Some of the grain__________ to be contaminated.
10. Three-quarters of the students __________ against the tuition hike.
Select the sentence in which usually appears in an appropriate position.
A. She usually shops for clothes at the local thrift store.
B. Usually she shops for clothes at the local thrift store.
C. She shops for clothes at the local thrift storeusually.
D. Either "A" or "B" is fine.
2. Select the sentence with the most appropriate order of adverbial phrases.
A. She leaves the island during the months of December and January after dark.
B. She leaves the island after dark during the months of December and January.
C. Either "A" or "B" is fine.
3. Select the sentence with the most appropriate order of adverbs and adverbialphrases.
A. Ramonita prays at St. Matthew's Church fervently for her grandmother's recovery.
B. Ramonita prays fervently for her grandmother's recovery at St. Matthew's Church.
C. Ramonita prays fervently at St. Matthew's Church for her grandmother's recovery.
D. Any one of the above is fine.
4. Select the sentence with the most appropriate order of adverbial phrases.
A. Juan made an...