TOEIC Bridge Form TBST-01
Read the directions on the back cover. Do not break the seal until you are told to do so. This test book and the answer sheet must be handed in separately as instructed at the end of the test.
Copyright © 2006 by Educational Testing Service. All rights reserved. ETS, the ETS logo, and TOEIC are registered trademarks ofEducational Testing Service.
This is the listening section of the test. There are three parts to this section.
Directions: You will see a picture in your test book and you will hear four short statements. Look at the picture in your test book and choose the statement that best describes what you see in the picture. Then mark your answer on your answer sheet. Look atthe sample below and listen to the four statements.
Statement (B), “The boys are reading,” best describes what you see in the picture. Therefore, you should choose answer (B).
Now let us begin Part I with question number one.
Unauthorized copying or reuse of any part of this page is illegal.
GO ON TO THE NEXT PAGE
Directions: Now, you willhear a question or statement followed by three responses. Choose the best response to each question or statement. Now listen to a sample question. You will hear: You will also hear: Good morning, John. How are you? (A) (B) (C) I am fine, thank you. I am in the living room. My name is John. Sample Answer
A B C
The best response to the question “How are you?” is choice (A), “I am fine, thankyou.” Therefore, you should choose answer (A). Now let us begin Part II with question number 16.
16. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
17. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
18. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
19. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
Directions: Now, you will hear several short talks or conversations. In your testbook, you will read a question followed by four answers. Choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet. Now let us begin Part III with question number 36.
36. Where is the man going? (A) (B) (C) (D) To a clothing store. To a barbershop. To the bank. To the dry cleaner’s.
38. What are the people waiting for? (A) (B) (C) (D) Their photographs. Their mail. Theirfriends. Their car.
37. Who is this announcement for? (A) (B) (C) (D) Pilots. Taxi drivers. Passengers. Travel agents.
39. What is the weather like now? (A) (B) (C) (D) Windy. Humid. Cold. Rainy.
This is the end of the Listening Comprehension portion of the test. Turn to Part IV of the test.
YOU WILL HAVE THIRTY-FIVE MINUTES TO COMPLETE PARTS IV AND V OF THE TEST.
This isthe reading section of the test. There are two parts to this section.
Directions: This part of the test has incomplete sentences. There are four words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C), and (D), under each sentence. Choose the one word or phrase that best completes the sentence. Then mark your answer on your answer sheet. Example Please turn off your computer at the ------- of the day.(A) (B) (C) (D) ends ending end ended Sample Answer
A B C D
The sentence should read, “Please turn off your computer at the end of the day.” Therefore, you should choose answer (C). Now begin work on the questions.
51. Thank you very much for ------- us here. (A) (B) (C) (D) invite invited have invited inviting
54. Alice Shapiro is a close friend of -------. (A) (B) (C) (D) my myself memine
52. After thirty minutes, ------- remove the dish from the oven. (A) (B) (C) (D) carefully careful more careful most careful
55. ------- I prefer coffee, I usually drink tea at work. (A) (B) (C) (D) Even Although But Despite
53. The community talent show was canceled because we sold very few -------. (A) (B) (C) (D) tickets bills labels notes
56. Many people ------- that Diana...