1.All of the following are true with respect to IgM antibodies EXCEPT which one
A. they fix complement
B. they occur on the surface of lymphocytes
C. they predominate in the primary response to antigen
D. they are glycoproteins
E. they mediate allergic reaction
2. All of the following are true of antigen EXCEPT which one of the following?
A.They contain epitopes.
B. They will react with antibodies.
C. They contain antigenic determinants.
D. They can elicit an immune response.
E. They contain paratopes.
3. All of the following are true with respect to IgE molecules, EXCEPT which one?
A. They are the principal immunoglobulin class involved in allergic reactions.
B. They are involved in mediating anti-parasiticimmune responses.
C. They will cross the placenta and fix complement.
D. They can effect the release of histamine and other chemical mediators.
E. They are the least abundant immunoglobulin in the serum.
4. Which of the following immunoglobulins is present normally in plasma at the highest concentration?
5. All of the followingare true about antibodies, EXCEPT which one?
A. They fix complement.
B. They occur on the surface of B-lymphocyte
C. They predominate the primary immune response to antigen.
D. They are glycoproteins.
E. They are molecule with a single, defined amino acid sequence.
6. The major immunoglobulin family to which a particular immunoglobulin belongs can be determined by sequentialanalysis of the 110 amino acids beginning from the
A. Amino terminus of the light chain.
B. Carboxy terminus of the light chain.
C. Amino terminus of the heavy chain.
D. Carboxy terminus of the heavy chain.
E. None of the above
7. The immunoglobulin Joining chain (J-chain) is
A. only produced by T-Cells
B. only produced by neutrophils
C. associated with onlymultimeric forms of lgM and IgA
D. associated with IgE for histamine release
E. only produced by mast cells
8. All of the following are true EXCEPT
A. An epitope is a small portion of a macromolecule
B. the variable region domains contain the antigen recognition site
C. an antigenic determinant is a paratope
D. The class of an immunoglobulin is determined by its heavy chainE. An IgG antibody is bivalent
9. Which immunoglobulin is the principal one found in secretions such as milk?
10. Individuals unable to make the J protein found in certain immunoglobulins would be expected to have frequent infections of the
E. intestinal tract.
11. Which of thefollowing statements best characterizes an antibody?
A. An antibody contains high molecular weight RNA as its basic structure.
B. An antibody is composed of protein and cannot be distinguished from the albumin fraction of the serum proteins.
C. An antibody is composed of four identical protein subunits which may be caused to dissociate by treatment with urea.
D. An antibody containsprotein as its major chemical component and its synthesis may be elicited by the administration of a foreign protein or polysaccharide.
E. An antibody contains mucopolysaccharides as its major chemical component and the synthesis of these may be elicited by the administration of a foreign protein or polysaccharide.
12. The immunoglobulin class which is the least abundant in the normal adultis
13. Class switching of immunoglobulins occurs
A. Usually with booster immunizations, going from IgM to IgG
B. binds complement
C. causes the histamine release
D. mediates immunoglobulin class switching
E. results in the glycosylation of immunoglobulins
14. The class of an immunoglobulin
A. is determined by Class...