Islamism is not one -1- ideology. Inside the same society, several directions of Islamism can be found, and these are seldom cooperating. People belonging to an Islamist group, callthemselves, and are called by others 'islāmiyy for men and 'islāmiyya for women. Both men and women are called Islamists in English. Islamism is often referred to as Salafism, but this encyclopaedia uses thegeneral term 'Islamism' throughout, since early Salafism is the contrary to modern Islamism.
Islamists are strongly concerned about social differences, between the rich and the poor world, as wellas inside the Muslim communities. As responsibility for the poor and the needing is central to Islam, any situation with unevenly divided wealth and many poor people, is unacceptable to a zealousMuslim.
Islamists react towards both the West for its reluctance to address the poverty of the world, as well as towards the rich in their own societies, who are considered equally reluctant.
HinduismHinduism is the religion of the majority of people in India and Nepal. It also exists among significant populations outside of the sub continent and has over 900 million adherents worldwide.
In someways Hinduism is the oldest living religion in the world, or at least elements within it stretch back many thousands of years. Yet Hinduism resists easy definition partly because of the vast array ofpractices and beliefs found within it. It is also closely associated conceptually and historically with the other Indian religions Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism.
* Hinduism originated around theIndus Valley near the River Indus in modern day Pakistan.
* About 80% of the Indian population regard themselves as Hindu.
* Most Hindus believe in a Supreme God, whose qualities and forms arerepresented by the multitude of deities which emanate from him.
* Hindus believe that existence is a cycle of birth, death, and rebirth, governed by Karma.
* Hindus believe that the soul...