60 Alexander Place, Apartment 207 ( Durham, NC 27707
(919) 403-0239 ( firstname.lastname@example.org
Analytical problem solver and MBA candidate with demonstrated achievements in leading cross-functional teams, creating and launching new initiatives, and building brand awareness.
DUKE UNIVERSITY, The Fuqua School of Business, Durham, NC
Master of BusinessAdministration, May 2006. Selected from 500 applicants for P&G Brand Management Camp. Conducted a “Brand Product Challenge” (General Mills versus Kraft) for Marketing Club. Created marketing plan for local business. Selected as Teaching Assistant for Management Communication and Diversity Conference Co-Chair.
NORTH CAROLINA A&T STATE UNIVERSITY, Greensboro, NC
Bachelor of Science, IndustrialEngineering, May 1997. Vice President of Institute of Industrial Engineering, Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, Alpha Pi Mu Industrial Engineering Honor Society. Awarded first place in Senior Class for engineering design project.
Summer 2005 THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY, Cincinnati, OH
Assistant Brand Manager, Secret Antiperspirant
• Performed competitiveanalysis using IRI data, qualitative research, and fine fragrance trends to recommend a long-term scent strategy to the Secret Brand. Methodology developed to complete analysis adopted as global model for scent strategy work.
• Led creative development of a promotional piece for a new teen themed product collection, which will be distributed to two million girls (ages 11-14) in theUS to generate product awareness.
• Gained alignment from 14-member, cross-functional team to design a coupon for a new product launch, which will run in newspapers nationwide to stimulate trial.
1999 – 2004 SABRE INCORPORATED, Dallas, TX
Software Delivery Manager, 2001 - 2003
• Managed a successful product launch for a software application currently used by over300 travel and transportation clients worldwide which was delivered on time and within budget.
• Led a team of engineers who conducted a comparative analysis between two European airline’s software and hardware infrastructures to migrate an existing application to a new platform. Project was deployed on time and without impeding daily airline operations.
ApplicationDeveloper, 1999 - 2001
Developed a standardized operating system for over 100 Amtrak trains to reduce training time. New system was approved by Vice President of Operations and significantly reduced personnel training time.
1997 – 2000 NOKIA MOBILE PHONES, Dallas, TX
Senior Industrial Engineer/Industrial Engineer
• Promoted to Senior Industrial Engineer in1998, one year ahead of normal program schedule.
• Aligned with several functional groups to create and implement an enhanced production methodology that quadrupled production outputs.
• Developed team-oriented assembly processes that resulted in higher employee morale, reduced training time by 25%, increased productivity by 30%, and reduced downtime.
Additional Fuqua activities include MBA Games and Special Olympics volunteer. Other interests include tracking hurricanes and winter storms, science fiction, running, hiking, and biking.
General Resume Tips
• Make sure your resume is concise. Most resume readers make their first “trash can” decision after 30 seconds. By this point, if they haven’t been able to figure outbasically what you are, then your resume may end up being discarded. Including a Summary, or leading with your most relevant skill are good solutions.
• The resume should provide as much relevant information as possible within the top of the first page without losing its aesthetic appeal.
• The upper- front page of an excellent resume will:
o Define you with a strong...