Description: Seagate SATA Hard Disk Drive Firmware update resolves an issue where the hard disk drive may become inoperableafter a power-on.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista HomePremium (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit)Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Starter
- Resolves an issue where the hard disk drive may become inoperable after apower-on.
- Resolves an issue where performance may be degraded for a period of time after heavy disk usage.
- Updates ST3500620AS, ST3750630AS, and ST31000340AS hard disk drives to firmware versionHP26.
- Updates ST3320813AS hard disk drive to firmware version HP2A.
Note: It is STRONGLY recommended that you perform a system backup prior to installing this update.
- Youmust be logged on as an administrator to install this update.
- You must have a Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
- You must have one of the following Seagate hard disk drive models:ST3320813AS, ST3500620AS, ST3750630AS, or ST31000340AS.
- Blank recordable CD (CD-R).
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Savebutton.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the updatedownloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.