1:2 “And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with some of the articles of the house of God, which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the articles into the treasure house of his god.”
1. This verse can apply to our lives when we are tested by God so He can test our faith. Wewould have to consider sometimes that God puts us through pain so we can learn from them and become more faithful to God.
1:6 “Now from among those of the sons of Judah were Daniel, Hanaiah, Mishael and Azariah.”
2. The Bible says “Because narrow is the way… and there are few who find it.” Matt. 7:14 Daniel, along with his friend, were chosen people of God to go through fire. They werechosen to testify of God’s real power, His existence.
1:8 “But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the kings delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.”
3. Daniel loved God. To love God we would purpose to take the right action for God’s purpose.
4. Danielwas committed to God. When we commit ourselves to God, we are more receptive and accepting in following God’s law of love for us.
5. Daniel cared for his body. He knew that if he would eat of the king’s food and drink, he would defile himself. If we recognized that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, having consideration that we belong to God, then we would care for our body more forGod’s sake and love.
1:12 “Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink. As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.”
6. After Daniel and his friends ate for ten days vegetables and water and became stronger and fatter than all theothers, they were given the gifts of knowledge and wisdom, and Daniel, of understanding in all visions and dreams.
When we trust God and not defile our bodies with anything impure or unhealthy, and rely ourselves to God, he will give us a gift according to our deeds. Because we give and submit ourselves completely to Him.
2:11 “It is a difficult thing that the king requires, andthere is no other who can tell it to the king except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.”
1. Only God can reveal the future. No psychics, witches, or etcetera, can reveal the future because only God can reveal exactly what will happen. Therefore, we come to God with doubts or curiosities if He gives us a dream we do not know what does it mean or something similar to a dream, like avision, any God-given gifts or distinctive dreams or vision, anything, we ask God to give us understanding and he will give it to us by faith by either someone else or personally to yourself.
2:23 “I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me asked of You. For You have made known to us the kings demand. “
2. Through faith,as previously said, God can reveal to us anything, if we believe and trust God not doubting in His response.
3. God is Great and we should praise Him especially when He reveals his work to us. After receiving when you ask, God blesses you with more than what you ask for. PRAISE GOD AND GIVE THANKS TO HIM FOR THAT!
4. The Bible teaches us to ask God for wisdom through prayer. When we askGod in faith, trusting that God is able and WILLING, HE will even fill us with knowledge even beyond wisdom when, of course, we put in our part.
2:45 “Inasmuch as you saw that the stone was out of the mountain without hands, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold-the great God has made known to the king what will come to pass after this. The dream is...