* TECHNICAL ENGLISH COURSE
* CARLOS CABRERA
THE PRESENT SIMPLE
* NAME: RUDY GARRIDO
* ID: 211-17
It’s the verbal time of present (and not perfective aspect) that express habitual action, routines in daily life. The simple present expresses anaction in the present taking place once, never or several times. It is also used for actions that take place one after another and for actions that are set by a timetable or schedule. The simple presentalso expresses facts in the present.
Article | Verb(on simple present) (with or without an “s” depending on the article) | |
I | drink | water |
Article |Negation (do or does depending on the article)(with or without a contraction) | Verb(on simple present) | |
She | does not/doesn’t | run | every day. |
Do/Does (depending on thearticle) | Article | Verb(on simple present)(without “s” with she/he/it) | Interrogation sign (always at the end of the sentence) |
Does | he | pray | on the morning? |
Affirmative1. I eat my breakfast every morning at 9 am.
2. She wakes up every now and then during the whole day.
3. We talk through the phone and through the internet.
4. He plays from 8 am to 7pm.
5. She sings every Thursday.
6. He carries with the guilt.
7. She always chooses that one.
8. He chases thieves every night.
9. They watch the clock every fifty minutes.
10.It bites only strangers.
1. She doesn’t connect on the night.
2. He doesn’t follow him all the time.
3. I don’t start the day every morning at 5 am.
4. She doesn’t writethe daily newspaper, only the weekly.
5. I don’t put it there.
6. He doesn’t shower every day.
7. They don’t run every day, only from Friday to Sunday.
8. We don’t need our daily...