• Jacob Moreno (1889-1974) developed sociometric análisis.
- Using data gathered from organizational members, sociograms showed the informal social structure of human groups.- With whom are yoy most willing to work?
BEHAVIOR PATTERNS OF GROUPS
• Robert Bales (1916-2004) developed techniques for analyzing patterns of interaction between the members of agroup.
- He hoped to document recurring patterns which could be used qhen forming and facilitating problem-solving groups.
• Sucessful grups have people qho play two key roles.
• Simeone to focus the group on accomplishing ist task
- Relationship Orientation (Concern for people)
• Someone who focuses on maintaining productive human relations in thegroup.
THE ORGANIZATIONTAL THEORY MOVEMENT
• Formal Organization (Structuralism)
- A proporly estructured organization will improve organizational performance
o formal structure,rules, regulations, school-based management...
• Informal Organization (People Approaches)
- Changes in the relations among human beings in the organization have enormous power to affectthe performance of the organization.
o human and personal beliefs, attitudes, assumptions, hopes...
• A discipline that seeks to
- predict human behavior in the environment of a normal organization
School systems and schools are social systems.
SCHOOL SYSTEM AND SCHOOLS MAYBE CHARACTERIZED AS...
1. They arespecifically goal-oriented.
2. The work to be done to achieve goals is divided into subtasks and assigned as official duties to established positions in the organization.
3. This positions arearranged hierarchically, and authority relationships are clearly established.
4. General and impersonal organizational rules govern.
• Working on your game plane...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.