The Starbucks Coffee, worldwide Company has been clearly defined his statements Vision statement: “To become national company with values and guiding principles that employees could proud off’’, and Mission statement: “Establish Starbucks as the premier purveyor of the finest coffee in the world while maintaining our uncompromising principles while wegrow.’’
As a result of those statements, Starbucks also has been develop a Guiding principles to complete the mission and vision
1. Great work environment
2. Highest standard to excel lance
3. Contribute positively to communities & environment.
4. Recognise profitability.
5. Develop enthusiastically satisfied customer.
6. Embrace diversity as an essentialcomponent in the way we do business .
Objectives regarding new infant product
Setting objectives are important, it focuses the company on specific aims over a period of time and can motivate staff to meet the objectives set.
To formulate the objective, it going to be used SMART. Which SMART is synonym of Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time
Starbuck want to achieve in theyoung sector market and also comber the store in a familiar and enjoyable place in 12 month
Launch new products in three areas.
cool drinks: Smoothies Banana, Mango or Mixed Berry, fruits juices, Frappiato Plain or Malteser
Hot drinks: camomile, earl grey, peppermint
Dessert: Sundae supreme Chocolate brownie, chocolate cheesecake
All of them is addressing to young customer.Achievable
According to the Starbucks spokesman said the company is a family destination and also the company want to recognise the fact that there are people under 18 years who come into the store.
Starbucks has already the infrastructure and personal trained in the preparation of this new product
By the mid-2012 customer under 18 year will increase in more the 50%
Thoseobjectives are not beyond of the statements vision and mission. Due to the fact that it is framed in the following principles
1. Develop enthusiastically satisfied customer.
2. Contribute positively to communities & environment
3. Recognise profitability.
To evaluate this campaign, it should consider that the new products are framed in the principles: satisfiedcustomer, contribute to the community, and profitability. The SWOT analysis will support the evaluation of the risks
* Starbucks is visited for people under 18 years, which come with their parents or in the case of teens who come bay their own
* Right now Starbucks has some product for children
* Starbucks is considering rebrand their products with new beverages and dessert .* Starbucks Corporation is a very profitable organization, earning over $600 million in 2004.The company generated revenue of more than $5000 million in the same year.
* It is a global coffee brand built upon a reputation for fine products and services.
* The organization has strong ethical values and an ethical mission statement
* Starbucks is revising the fact thatteens are part of their customer
* The stores have limited product for under 18 age customer
* High levels of caffeine in the actual products is not appropriate for children
* Starbucks has a reputation for new product development and creativity. However, they remain vulnerable to the possibility that their innovation may falter over time.
* The organization is often argued thatthey need to look for a portfolio of countries, in order to spread business risk.
* The organization is dependant on a main competitive advantage, the retail of coffee. This could make them slow to diversify into other sectors should the need arise.
* New products and services that can be retailed in their cafes, such as Fair Trade products.
* The company has the...